Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thoughts from the NY International Gift Fair:


So, I finally finished rummaging through the fair yesterday at approximately 6:00 pm. This means that I was at the fair for two full 8 hour days, and I am at least an inch shorter because I walked so far carrying 2 huge bags of press kits...but it was worth it.
Most of the feedback that I received from vendors at the fair was positive. I say most because as crazy as it seems to me, there are people out there that have no idea what a blog is. Wha??? Yes, it is true. Some people even gave me suspicious looks and questioned my intentions. It proved difficult to explain to these people that I was not looking to make money off of them, that this was just a hobby and that I provided a source of free marketing. Oy vey.
But let's talk about the good stuff shall we? As I said previous, I will be wading through the millions of business cards and trying to bring you some fresh and inspirational retail content over the next couple of weeks...it will take at least that long to post all the great design I saw at the show. Stay tuned!

No comments: